KBHB BIG 81
LISTEN LIVE
Rich Verschoor 12:17pm - 5:00pm
KBHB ON DEMAND
facebook


Errant fireworks shell hits home in Wyoming


News Staff - August 14, 2019

GILLETTE, WY - Officials say a firework rocket that was launched during a show for the Pyrotechnics Guild International (PGI) convention landed in a Wyoming home and sparked a small fire.

The Gillette News Record reports the rocket broke through the roof of the Gillette home about two miles from the event center where the fireworks display was taking place Sun., August 11, 2019.

The Campbell County Fire Department says the flames were extinguished before firefighters got to the house. No one was injured.
Guild spokesman Tom Sklebar says the organization will pay for the damages. He says a rocket “took an errant trajectory” after it was launched and hit the house.

The incident wasn't the only 'hot spot' reported as a result of the fireworks shows.  According to a Campbell County Fire Department press release, two small grass fires were reported at about 5:15 and 6:50 p.m. Mon., August 12th on Fox Park Avenue and Wyoming Highway 51 and Fox Park Road, respectively. They were started by fireworks debris, though both were contained to less than a 10th of an acre.

The pyrotechnics convention runs through Fri. August 17th.  It features fireworks shows on four nights.

 



kbhbradio.com
Phone number: 605-347-4455
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: 1612 Junction Avenue, Suite #1
Sturgis, SD 57785
  BIG 81 ON FACEBOOK
  WEATHER
  MARKET NEWS
.