KBHB BIG 81
LISTEN LIVE
KBHB Music Vault 6:00pm - 11:59pm
KBHB ON DEMAND
facebook
Closings, Cancellations and Delays

Hand Sanitizer Warning

Hand Sanitizer Warning

One person dies after ingesting hand sanitizer with methanol


The Associated Press - July 30, 2020

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — South Dakota health officials reported one person has died of methanol poisoning after ingesting hand sanitizer containing methanol.

State epidemiologist Josh Clayton says two other people are hospitalized with methanol poisoning.

The Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to use certain alcohol-based hand sanitizers due to the dangerous presence of methanol, or wood alcohol.

It can be toxic when absorbed through the skin. It’s life-threatening when ingested.



kbhbradio.com
Phone number: 605-347-4455
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: 1612 Junction Avenue, Suite #1
Sturgis, SD 57785
  BIG 81 ON FACEBOOK
  WEATHER
  MARKET NEWS
.