Public is invited to learn how to do business with the military at the Black Hills Defense and Industry Symposium
BOX ELDER, S.D. – The Black Hills Defense and Industry Symposium is coming to The Monument April 12-13, 2023. This annual event will bring leaders of academia, research, industry, military and the Black Hills communities together for meaningful dialogue on the importance of defense investment in western South Dakota.
The Symposium has attracted many out-of-state leaders in the past, but organizers are encouraging Black Hills locals to register and attend the event. Locals can benefit from the Symposium in several ways, but particularly by the valuable information regarding doing business with the military.
The Symposium will kick off at 2 p.m. on April 12 with its first breakout session. Following that, the Black Hills Symposium Social Sponsored by SD Mines will take place from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
The 2023 Symposium will feature breakout sessions regarding:
- Critical Minerals from SD Mines
- Design and construction from FourFront Design
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) successes
- An important update on the B-21
- Helpful information on doing business with the government
Featured speakers will include:
- Congressman Dusty Johnson
- Senator Mike Rounds
- Nancy Balkus, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Environment, Safety, and Infrastructure (SAF/IEE)
- Retired Major General Scott Vander Hamm, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon
- Major General John Allen, Commander, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
Online registration is required and will close on April 1. There is no charge for all active military and civilian personnel at SD National Guard Camp Rapid and Ellsworth Air Force Base. However, you must register to attend. View all available ticket options and register via the link below.