Western South Dakota's Only Ranch Station

Rapid City Fire Crews respond to gas leak Monday night

RAPID CITY, S.D. – Rapid City fire crews were dispatched to The Rushmore Hotel Monday evening for a reported gas leak.

Witnesses say they was a strong smell of gas in the air and first responders evacuated the business on Mt Rushmore Road as they investigated.

Fire crews were able to find the lead, control the gas and the building was ventilated. Evacuations were then lifted.

No injuries were reported.

People are also reading...

Meade County Commission approves CIT grant request


Rapid City, US
11:00 pm, November 28, 2023
temperature icon 33°F
clear sky
Humidity 37 %
Pressure 1016 mb
Wind 7 mph
Wind Gust: 0 mph
Visibility: 0 km
Sunrise: 7:04 am
Sunset: 4:17 pm

Cyndi (Sturdevant) LaFayette, 63, of Belle Fourche, passed away on Saturday, November 25, 2023, at Monument Health Rapid […]

Market News

Share via
Copy link