STURGIS, S.D. – Sturgis Public Works crews are getting prepared for the 2023 Sturgis Fall Citywide Clean-Up Week. Starting October 2 until the 7 (dates are tentative and may change depending on weather conditions) residents can place larger unwanted items curbside to be thrown out.
The trash will be picked up by the Public Works Department. “We have all of our crews go through with various pieces of equipment and trucks and take that stuff away for them. Most of it goes to our rubble site.” Said Rick Bush, Director of Public Works for the City of Sturgis. He said that residents should have their items curbside by 7 a.m. on their regular trash day.
Items that will be picked up include:
- Metals – Appliances, bicycles, etc. (all appliances must be free of any Freon or contaminants and must be accompanied by an EPA Form)
- Yard waste – Grass, leaves, small branch pile
- Wood – Untreated Lumber (treated lumber will not be accepted)
- Rubble – Furniture, Building Materials, etc.
Items that will not be picked up include:
- Liquids (includes paint, chemicals, hazardous materials such as oil, pesticides, etc.)
- Used oil
- TV and computers
All items need to be piled in their respective categories adjacent to the trash tote. Bush says that if you have any questions give Public Works a call at (605) 347-1832 or go to the Sturgis Public Works website. The EPA Form can be found here.